Contracts and Procurement Lawyer
Grade 10 (level 1) – Grade 11 (level 2), £45,202 - £55,100 (inclusive of local weighting) depending on experience. Full time (part-time working and job share considered). Permanent . Based in Hertford with the option for home working up to 50% of working hours. Closing date is 1 June 2023 at 5pm.
About the role
An opportunity for a Contracts and Procurement Lawyer has become available to work at East Herts District Council based at the Council’s offices in Hertford as part of the Legal and Democratic Services Team. This is an exciting time for you to join us and develop your career as we are working on a number of high-profile exciting projects for the Council.
This motivated and highly professional team is looking for an individual committed to excellence in their work and with a passion for contracts and procurement and working in Local Government. If successful, you will provide legal advice to the Council on aspects of contracts and procurement law across all services including being involved in regeneration projects across the District.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Providing a high-quality and responsive Legal Service to the Council and external clients in all contract and procurement law and associated matters, to the service’s agreed professional standards
- Having conduct of a mixed caseload of contract and procurement law matters and to have general understanding of other areas of legal work undertaken by the District Council
- Being responsible for providing creative solutions on a seamless basis to support any service transformation within the council and to meet officer needs
- Providing timely advice on a wide range of complex legal matters
- Being responsible for the interests of the service within the wider council
- Advising and supporting elected members accordingly
- Working as part of the wider team in Legal and Democratic Services providing support and advice as needed
This role will suit a detailed, focused, enthusiastic team player who enjoys working within local government on a wide range of contracts and procurement matters and assisting to deliver key corporate projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- To be an admitted qualified solicitor or barrister with an understanding of local government
- Degree in law or equivalent degree and Common Professional Examination (CPE) or Graduate Diploma (GDL) (Law conversions)
- A current practising certificate or eligibility for a current practising certificate
- The ability to deal with challenging situations using tact and diplomacy
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills
- A track record of project delivery
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders from the public sector
How to apply
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Victoria Wilders, Legal Services Manager.
Closing date: 1 June 2023 at 5pm
If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful. If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview. We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, religious belief, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
So, if you’re eager to develop your career as our Contracts and Procurement Lawyer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.