Senior Control Officer
Grade 7, £33,572- £36,961 (Inc. Local Weighting) pro rata, Full Time and Part time vacancies available. Permanent. Based in Hertford with the option for a blend of home and office working. Closing date is 29 May 2023 at 5pm.
About the role
We have an exciting vacancy for an experienced Revenues/Benefits professional to join the Revenues and Benefits shared service between East Herts and Stevenage Councils.
The shared service has been operating successfully since 2011, and we are looking for somebody who can support the Benefits team and contribute to the shared service as we move into our second decade.
You will need to demonstrate extensive knowledge of the Housing Benefit system, including subsidy and regulatory issues. You will have a proven track record in Benefits and be confident of working with and meeting the diverse needs of colleagues from multiple authorities.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
• Carrying out reconciliations, the management of creditors modules, checking, integrity and completion of returns from government departments, agencies and other relevant organisations.
• Assist with external and internal audits
• Supporting our outsourced fraud service in their fraud investigations in accordance with the appropriate legislation and presentation thereof at court where appropriate
• The efficient and accurate administration of all appeals and requests for reconsiderations of Benefit applications and overpayments identified in accordance with the appropriate regulations, legislation and
guidance, and presentation thereof at relevant tribunals
• Carrying out and evidence appropriate quality assurance checks and responding to queries in accordance with the relevant legislation and requirements of the service.
• Carry out liaison with shared service authorities and external organisations, including promotion and awareness and supply of statistical and other data.
• Undertake and lead training on Revenues & Benefits legislation etc, ensure staff training needs are identified and achieved.
This role will suit a detailed, focused, enthusiastic team player. The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong customer focus
• IRRV technician or equivalent experience
• Experience of using Capita Revenues and Benefits software.
• Ability to understand and relay complex information clearly in relation to Benefits
• Ability and willingness to help support and provide guidance, support and advice to less experienced staff.
• Relevant legislative knowledge.
• Knowledge of Windows based office package.
How to apply
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Carol Bulloch Systems, Support and Control manager on 01279 502077.
Closing date: 29 May 2023 at 5pm
If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful.
If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview. We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, religious belief age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity